Ratcliffe College was founded in 1847. The main school is a red brick building designed by the renowned architect Augustus Pugin and completed by Joseph Hansom. The School is located in the Leicestershire countryside with expansive grounds and woodland.
Located away from the main school buildings, the design of the new Preparatory School was envisaged to create a sense of ownership and individuality whilst the strong architectural language reflects the architectural style of the main school, promoting cohesion across different parts of the campus.
The school is arranged around a courtyard and this quadrangle forms the focal heart of the school, with the main circulation route flowing around this space offering a continuous visual connection into the courtyard. The new building provides new general and specialist teaching classrooms, external learning spaces, open plan library/resource space, assembly hall and kitchen over two floors.